• Attorney Joseph Soler

I have an old criminal case in Florida and I now live out of state, what can I do?

We quite frequently get calls and emails from people out of the area who have an old criminal case in Florida that, for a variety of reasons, they have decided to now resolve. Our law firm utilizes the latest in technology to allow us to represent a client remotely, without ever meeting the client in person. We have handled many criminal cases in this manner and have resolved the vast majority of them favorably for the client (in most cases the state has agreed to drop criminal charges altogether).

Is it possible to resolve my old criminal case without me having to come back to Florida?

Yes. If charges ARE dropped completely before trial, you will likely never have to attend court. We can waive your appearance for the majority of your court dates (you do not have to be present). If you hire us, we can attend the court dates on your behalf.

If charges are NOT dropped completely, it may be possible to negotiate a favorable offer and then enter a plea in absentia (usually over the phone), without you ever having to physically be present in court.

How much will this cost me?

We charge the same amount to defend your case as if you were here locally; there is no additional cost because you are out of the area. Please call us to discuss your case and to obtain a quote for our services.

How do I get started?

Please call (941) 444-5128 to schedule a free phone consultation with a criminal defense attorney.

Soler & Simon are experienced criminal defense lawyers in Sarasota, FL. Please visit our homepage for more information about our attorneys and how we can help you if you have been arrested and are facing criminal charges.


Recent Posts

See All
Soler & Simon Criminal Attorney Logo


2170 Main St. STE 103

Sarasota FL 34237

Sarasota - Bradenton

St. Pete - Tampa

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

The information on this website is for information only and is not to be used as legal advice. The viewing of the information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney client relationship.  © 2020 Soler & Simon.  All rights reserved.